Monday, January 26, 2009

Nest.



The end of this month marks the 4th anniversary of buying my first home, so I've been thinking a lot about nesting lately. Honestly, I can't believe that I've been in the "Gnome Home" for 4 years now... it's the longest I've ever lived at a place other than the home I grew up in.

Gosh, it was such a huge accomplishment for me. Turning 30. Being single. Buying my first place. Responsibility. Independence. Ownership.

I distinctly remember the moment the key was handed over to me. Turning the lock for the first time. The smell of the old house. The echo my voice made in the empty rooms.

It's funny, my home represents who I was at the time I bought it because I truly haven't changed it since then. The inside of it, that is. But I've changed quite a bit in just 4 years, so I'm thinking it's time for a mini-facelift. Perhaps new paint colors. Fresh artwork. Re-purposed furniture.

I dunno. I guess I just want to hand the key back over to myself and see what I'd do with it today.



Oh, and the shop needed a facelift too. So I'll be adding to the collection over the next week or so. Here's just a small sampling of what you'll find!

No comments: