Monday, December 3, 2007

In love with a vacuum cleaner.

Yes, it's true.

I've gone through 2 decent (and not so cheap) vacuums over the course of adopting Miss Ellie. I found out the hard way that when you become a pet owner, vacuums become your best friend and are something that gets used twice a week (rather than twice a month when you were sans puppy dog). I don't know what I did to both of these previous purchases, but the first one overheated and smelled like burning flesh and the latest one spat out everything it initially picked up - and at a very high velocity towards my heels. So it not only put the dirt back where it was, it inflicted stabby pain in the process. I finally decided to get a new one this past weekend... and low and behold I think we found a winner.



Introducing the Eureka Boss Smart Vac 4870.
It practically propelled me around the entire house. It was great timing, too, because I put the tree up last night and of course, had to get all the dropped needles up.

And I would post a photo of the said tree, but... sigh, I have no digital camera. Maybe Santa will bring me this? I know, I know, that is a LOT to ask of Santa. But wowza, how fun! I got to see it in person and it's a bit bigger than I had originally thought. And sturdier too. I feel like it's the perfect link between and SLR and a point-and-shoot (egad, I hate that name). It definitely fits in a small purse, nonetheless.

It's been a craft-making whirlwind in the basement these days. The coasters are getting done, but I'm finding that I may be liking them without the quilting? Other items are being made into gifties, but I cannot give that away right now. (No peeking!)

I cannot believe it's Christmastime already. Hopefully I can stay a little ahead of the season this year!

2 comments:

Jaime D. Brown said...

You make me smile Ms. Ali!

.jb

Anonymous said...

Loving a vacuum is a good way to hurt yourself...