Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Flibberty Archive?

Oh geez. It's been practically 20 days since a post. That's ridiculous. I kept thinking about posting then something just popped up - and well, now I have all these things I had wanted to post about that now I can't remember them at all. I basically went from poster's nostalgia to poster's block. Sigh. Time to get back on track, so... first things first, pictures from Christmas are forthcoming.

Now, onto more important things. Have you seen the new fabrics from the Spring Collection at JCrew? Oh gosh, and they even have matching shoes, I kid you not.


And I know about this because I spent last weekend - full weekend, I might add - shopping for dresses. I need one for a wedding that is coming up and I though I'd get a jump on it by finding some fabulousness that perhaps hadn't been scooped up over the holidays. You know, a nice, formal and somewhat fancy thing to wear. Well, it's not as easy as it seems. After 8 hours of miserable searching, I've realized that either retailers hate petite people or perhaps we're just a forgotten lot. It is by far the saddest section of a department store known to womankind. It's like designers think petite people hate fashion or that all petite people are senior citizens. Needless to say, I found nothing. So I went home and did some online snooping and now have come to the conclusion that this is by far the best way to buy all of my fancy dresses. Yes, I have to pay extra to have it shipped, yes I have to have extra time on my hands for the whole shipping process, and yes, it's a bit of a guessing game as far as what fits... but hey, I don't have to go anywhere. Ever. Petitedressland is online only, so it seems. I will let you know how it goes when the shipments start arriving. There are 4 total. I know, overkill, but one must cover all bases.

Other than that fiasco, the rest of the holiday was rather low-key for me. I did end up painting the bathroom, which is a lovely shade of a Martha bright and happy yet oh-so-soft bathroom blue. Replacing all the towels made it extra sharp (and worth the agony of painting it in the first place... hey, who doesn't need a little incentive?). Spent a good bit of time sleeping late, eating too much, watching movies and not doing chores. Went bowling. Played board games. Counted all the books I'd like to read this year that have been purchased and shelved (that would be 10). Oh, and I made a New Years resolution. Hopefully I'll keep it. I'll let you know what it was when it is completed.

Did you notice I didn't say if?

No comments: