Monday, November 12, 2007

And... we're off.

I've a had a lot of time on my hands lately. More than usual, let's just say. And that is not particularly usual for the fall season. Work is tortoise slow, which for some reason, makes me less motivated in the crafting / creating / photographing / writing areas. Sigh. So here I am with a little kick-start to get me going in the right direction. I mean, c'mon, gift-making season is right around the corner! Let's get it together, people!

So I brought the 'ol sewing machine up from the basement "bonus" room (it's way too cold down there now to even imagine sitting for awhile, much less doing anything for more than 5 minutes) and have thoughtfully arranged my to-do list of projects.... including antique coasters from the Thanksgiving issue of Martha - which I also found printed in the book, "Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts".

I picked it up from Purl a few weeks ago when I was in New York and it has MANY easy and gorgeous projects to consider. I did a little test-run last night and need a bit more practice before I get started on the "good" material.

I'm hoping to make these my main gifted items, so crossing fingers and toes I can get the quilting part of it down... easier said than done for a novice. But, you've gotta start somewhere, right?

No comments: