Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The First Pie.



Made my traditional pumpkin pie last night for my Thanksgiving contribution (I always make the pies - at least - sometimes I bring the squash casserole too, but we'll have 3 cooks this year, so the work will be divided!). Everyone loves my pumpkin pie, which I think is hilarious... I simply use the recipe on the back of the Libby's pumpkin can. No edits, additions, I don't even do my own dough. Nope, keep it simple and everyone's happy!



But this year, mom gifted me these dough cutters so that I could make it a little more "Ali-fied" with pretty little leaf shapes. I love them! They are so fun, and if you're like me who can't seem to crimp edges to save my life, well, these will surely do the trick.

Happy pie baking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pies were great!! The pictures you took of the family were even better!! So glad you could come up to the cabin for Thanksgiving. Will miss you for Christmas.