Dgirl sent me this meme: 6 unimportant things about yourself. Here goes:
- Link back to the person that tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share 6 unimportant things about yourself.
- Tag people at the end of your entry.
1. I have 2 different colored eyes — one hazel, one dark brown. And, when I cross my eyes, only the right one moves in... the hazel one. My friend, Jaime won't let me cross my eye in front of her — it creeps her out too much. Personally, I think it is a great party trick.
2. My middle name, Cates, makes quite a good nickname... Ali Cat. Fortunately, no one calls me that, and if you do, I will not answer to it.
3. The only reason I keep my hair short is because it is entirely annoying for me to have anything touching my neck. It makes me rashy. Sometimes I secretly miss having long, flowing locks, so I tell myself short hair is more "me".
4. My favorite fruits are strawberries and pineapples; however, I am severely allergic to them. Sometimes I eat them anyways and suffer the consequences.
5. I met (and got a hug from!) Sarah Jessica Parker — yes, SJP — when I was a senior in highschool. She gave out the awards for the Congress Juried Art Show; I won the Florida Congress show by submitting/exhibiting an oil painting of my Great Grandmother, Amelia. All the state winners were invited to D.C. to see their works hanging in the halls of Congress (they remained there for a year). At the time, I was more excited about meeting Ms. Footloose, but also bummed that I hadn't won the year prior since it was Tom Cruise who was handing out the awards then. Funny how that all turned out. I had my picture taken with her, and yes, she is very very petite. (And taller than me.) I wonder where that picture ended up?
6. I was on the Bridge team (yes, the card playing game) in high school just so I could get extra credit in my French class. In doing so, I got a A instead of a B. I'm frightful with foreign languages.
I'm tagging my friend, Moo, who is blogless but loves to meme, and who used to do my French homework for me. Seemed fitting. (Moo, just post a comment to this post and look at you go! It's like having the satisfaction of blogging without the commitment!!!! Who loves ya?)