Sunday, May 4, 2008

Creature Comforts.

I don't do well with change. Big or little, doesn't matter. I like schedules, plans, everything in it's place, order. So tomorrow is a big day for me because I start something new. Something big. A new job. I don't usually talk about work on this blog — mainly because this blog is more of an escape for me from the workplace, more like an extension of my home. But I wanted to acknowledge this bit of change because I'm truly excited about this new journey.

When I used to leave the house for work, I always placed my slippers right by the bureau. And when I returned home, I would inevitably find them strewn throughout the house. Ellie's doing of course.

Always one near where she chews on her toys:


And always one in the bed, so that she can lay near it (or on it, preferably).


I've come to the conclusion that it's how she finds comfort, and keeps me close during the day. And it's become her routine, which I think too, has become a comfort to her. I know she's going to miss me ... oh how we've had it quite nice these past few months. But I have to say, I'm really looking forward to playing that game of finding the slippers again... that silly bit of chaos within our daily routine is a comfort to me as well.

1 comment:

Dawn Gahan said...

Best of luck on your first day! They will love you.

Dgirl